Consideration of Current Market Conditions for your home:
- What is the overall sales activity in our market and in your neighborhood? You will find tremendous variations in sales activity based on location!
- How long is taking to sell homes in your area? (commonly called "days on market").
- Will the time of year affect your ability to sell? Homes do sell in all four seasons, contrary to conventional wisdom that says only in Spring and Summer.
- What are current interest rates for mortgages and what is the anticipated trend? What special types of loan programs apply to your price point?
- Is "owner carry" financing an option for you?
- What are your timing needs? This issue is critical and very important to factor into the overall sales and marketing plan.
- Is it necessary, or at the very least helpful for you as the seller, to provide "incentives" such as a "pre-home sale" inspection, Home Buyers Warranty, financing assistance, Selling Agent bonuses? There are a number of tactical steps we can potentially implement that will set your property apart from the competition. Obviously, all of these steps should be critically evaluated in terms of a cost/benefit analysis. Many of these factors will be weighed in the First Step in marketing you Home - STEP 3 Determining the Listing Price.
Setting the Stage to Sell your Home:
The best way to look at how to set your home up for showings is to think about what factors influence you when you are looking at a homes as a "buyer". Imagine yourself walking up to your home for "the first time":
- What do you notice?
- How do you feel about what you see?
- Is the home inviting?
- Is the home well-maintained?
- Would you be inclined to buy this home?
There are many factors that you will need to evaluate and take corrective action if needed. I can provide a very thorough list for your consideration if you choose to list your home with me.
Methods used in Selling of your Home:
You may have a hard time believing this statement, but I can actually prove it to you in writing...there are over 100 specific action items that I define and accomplish in the process of listing and selling a home like yours! Please feel free to call me or send me an e-mail and I would be pleased to send you my "Sellers Guide" that will give you a great summary and overview of the entire process involved in how I can sell your property.
Some people want and need lots of details, while others are more "bottom line" focused and don't want that much detail. My goal and commitment to you is to tailor my communication to you in the format that you want and deserve, and that fits your style and personality!